Well, okay, just one. I’m super proud to announce I’m now an author with the Headline Publishing Group, along with authors like Neil Gaiman, Jill Shalvis, and Martina Cole.
Can I just reiterate: I CAN PUT MY NAME ON A LIST WITH THESE AUTHORS. I CAN’T EVEN.
My wonderful agent Amanda Jain announced the deal yesterday and no, it wasn’t an April fool. Don’t think THAT thought didn’t keep me up all night, ’cause it did.
Join me in screaming incoherently
and still a little bit worrying it was an April fool!
I’m reading The Road to Little Dribbling, a travel memoir by Bill Bryson.
In this morning’s chapter, Bill (I feel like I can call him Bill, after spending a decade travelling the world with him in his books) promoted a concept he’s come up with: we should all be allowed a list of a dozen things we hate without having to defend, justify, or explain it.
I think with most of mine, the explanation is self-evident:
- Small talk.
- People who call holidays ‘holibobs.’
- Love Actually.
- The people and charities dedicated to saving giant pandas from extinction.
- Books written in present tense.
- Gullible fools who claim the Loch Ness Monster isn’t real.
- People over 20 who brag about how much alcohol they drank on a night out.
- Brexit (see #5) and everyone who voted for it. All 20 million of them.
- The fetishisation of coffee.
What’s your list?
This is the final quiz, readers, since I’m off work now until 2019.
So today is a special TRUE or FALSE round, and since it’s a little easier there are seven questions instead of five.
- Jesus had a brother called Simon.
Continue reading “Advent Quiz: Last day!”
Day 13 here.
Today is a kind of mix of food and drink and entertainment and anything I could think of that didn’t seem too hard…
- In ‘A Nightmare Before Christmas’, what vegetable does Jack Skellington have for a head?
Continue reading “Advent Quiz: Day 14”
Day 12 here.
Today is a music round that spans the ages.
Name the decade in which each of these songs was UK Christmas Number 1.
- Band Aid II – Do They Know It’s Christmas
Continue reading “Advent Quiz: Day 13”
Day 11 here.
Today is a science and nature round. I use that phrase loosely.
- Apart from eggs, name any of the basic ingredients of egg nog.
Continue reading “Advent Quiz: Day 12”
Day 10 here.
The theme today is “Anna desperately tries to come up with easier questions in any category, at all, ever.”
- In which fictional land is it “always winter but never Christmas?”
Continue reading “Advent Quiz: Day 11”